Friday 22 March 2013

Against Nature has arrived!



Back from the printers, and here's what the first physical copies look like on Stuart's kitchen table - Stuart being the editor and publisher of Obverse Books. Obviously this is unfeasibly exciting for me, just to see the photographic evidence of this thing existing. I can't be bothered to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure I started writing Against Nature (or at least a very different version with the working title The Other Side of the World) in 2003, so it's been a decade in the making, and at least some of that time was spent wallowing in the absolute certainty that it would remain unwritten and unpublished.

The first thing that came to mind as I saw the photograph was a scene from The Sopranos, Tony here discussing the cathartic aspect of his therapy with Doctor Melfi:

'Sometimes what happens in here is like taking a shit,' Tony says.
'I prefer to think of it as childbirth,' Melfi suggests.
'Trust me,' Tony responds darkly. 'It's like taking a shit.'

And in many respects it really been, but Lordy it feels good right now; so I guess I'd better get stuck into the next one - Twilight with Frankensteins. It'll be massive. Trust me.

Meanwhile, please feel free to order your copy directly from Obverse Books by following this link: http://obversebooks.co.uk/product/against-nature/  or don't if it doesn't sound like your sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment